Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Catching up with the past (or vice versa)


I first met Sir Paul Smith in Milan in the winter of 2001.  I had a couple of months earlier completed my very first set of windows for his shop on 5th Ave. in New York City.  I happened to be in Milan with another company for Fashion Week.  Paul was there celebrating the opening of his then new shop.

Tonight I saw him again.  This time in Tokyo at his shop Space.  He was in town for the opening reception of an artistic collaboration with Spanish porcelain company Lladro.  I was in town en route to Los Angeles.

I have now had the pleasure to greet Paul in Tokyo, London, Paris, Milan, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.  He is the same down-to-earth, gracious and humorous gentleman no matter where he is.  I'm happy our paths could cross once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment